Prostate Symptoms and Treatment

Prostate Symptoms and Treatment: Common sense says that men don’t like to go to the doctor. Usually they are pushed by the wife, girlfriend or even the mother to the office.

If you identified yourself, how about rethinking your habits? We know that a good quality of life necessarily involves good nutrition, physical exercise, relaxing activities and, yes, regular health check-ups.

And there’s more: as we are in Blue November, prostate cancer prevention and awareness month, it doesn’t hurt to ask: are you up to date with your preventive exams?

Remember that, if discovered early, the chances of curing this disease are 90% but, if detected in an advanced stage, these chances decrease to 10% to 20%!

Therefore, it is important to put prejudice aside and do the digital rectal exam and blood test, also known as PSA.

But what are the main symptoms of prostate cancer?

Prostate Symptoms and Treatment:

  • Difficulty urinating normally. This may include a burning sensation or pain, problems starting and maintaining a steady stream of urine, weak urinary stream, leaking urine, needing to urinate more often, urinating excessively at night, or urinary retention (not being able to urinate);
  • Sexual problems, including erectile dysfunction (difficulty maintaining an erection), painful ejaculation, or a decrease in the amount of fluid ejaculated;
  • Blood in the urine or semen;
  • Pressure or pain in the groin and rectum;
  • Pain or stiffness in the lower back, hips, pelvis, or thighs caused by an enlarged prostate.

I’m in treatment, now what?

In that case, learn how to undergo treatment in the best possible way through symptom control. Look!

1 – Manage stress

Dealing with prostate cancer symptoms and undergoing treatment can be very stressful. It can reduce quality of life and increase anxiety or depression. Try practices that work the mind and body like yoga or dance. Other practices that help you relax include acupuncture, breathing exercises, and meditation. Also try spending more time in nature and include relaxing activities in your day to day like good reading and listening to good music., Prostate Symptoms and Treatment.

2 – Take care
Try to get enough sleep so that when you wake up you are rested. Try to have more contact with friends, leave the house and sunbathe before 10am and after 4pm. Eat a diet rich in nutrients that help stabilize your mood and give you energy. Include fruits and vegetables, protein, probiotics, fiber-rich foods, and healthy fats.

3 – Practice exercises.

Try to exercise, but without going over your limits. It’s okay if one day you feel less energetic and sleep late. Remember, you are in treatment. Exercise is beneficial for increasing blood flow and combating depression, which can help reduce some erectile dysfunction symptoms.

4 – Learn more about the disease
Learning about the disease, symptoms, and the latest treatment options can help you feel in control. You can read a lot about the latest treatment approaches or ask your doctor to explain them to you. There are also many support groups, forums, and books that offer information. Just be careful to seek out reputable sources.

5 – Look for support groups
Connecting with other cancer patients will make you feel less alone and is a great way to learn about what has worked for others in the same situation. Feeling that you are not the only one going through this and listening to people helps ease worries and anxieties, Prostate Symptoms and Treatment.

6 – Count on the family

You may not feel comfortable talking about your illness with others, but being open with a therapist, family, or a friend can reduce your feelings of isolation. If you’re overwhelmed, tired, and unable to keep up with daily tasks, don’t be afraid to ask for help.

For example: your wife or a friend can help you with emotional support and even with everyday tasks!

7 – Talk to your partner
Many men who suffer from prostate cancer struggle with erectile dysfunction. In this case, experts recommend dialogue. Talk to the person you’re in a relationship with and tell them how you’re feeling so they understand. Even if you can’t let go, try couples practices like massage, touching, and hugging for a while, which are ways you can stay connected.

Talking to a therapist about your concerns is also a good idea.

It’s understandable to feel anger, anxiety, sadness, and other feelings, but having someone to talk to about it can calm your mind and improve your mood.

If you liked this content, pass it on to your friends and men in your family, after all, sharing health is vital! Prostate Symptoms and Treatment. What is an Enlarged Prostate

Leave a Comment